Last updated: September 21, 2023
1. General Information
HueSee Inc. (hereafter, “HueSee,” “we,” “our” or “us”) is a Quebec-based company that markets and distributes hairstyling products. Protecting your privacy is important to us. This is why we’ve implemented safeguards and best management practices for your personal information in accordance with applicable laws.
By using our website https://www.hueseehair.com/ (hereafter, the “Website”) or any of our Services, you agree that we may collect, use, process, disclose and store your Personal Information in accordance with the terms described herein. If you do not agree to comply with and be bound by this Policy, you may not access or use our Website or Services or share your Personal Information with us. This Policy is not intended to prevail over the terms of a previous contract with us, nor any right you may have under other applicable laws regarding data privacy.
This Policy does not apply to the Personal Information of our employees, representatives and consultants, or any other person affiliated with us, or to any information that is not Personal Information as defined by the law which modernizes the legislative provisions for the protection of personal information (hereafter, the “Applicable Law” or “Act P 39.1”).
1.2 Privacy Officer
Questions, comments and complaints regarding our Policy and privacy practices may be addressed to our Privacy Officer:
2045 Dagenais Boulevard West, Suite 145
Laval, Quebec H7L 5V1
The following words and expressions, when they appear with a capitalized first letter in our Policy, have the meanings attributed to them below unless otherwise noted with an implied or explicit exemption in the text:
“Processing Activity”: The process in which Personal Information is manually or automatically collected or generated by using our Services, by a third party or by another Processing Activity performed by HueSee or one of our subcontractors. For example, how many times a user visits our Website.
“Cookies”: Small text files generated by a website and stored on browsers or devices. They allow to collect certain information when you visit a Website (such as preferences), but may not be used to extract your Personal Information.
“Service Supplier”: Any individual or legal entity that processes data on our behalf. This includes third-party companies or individuals we employ to facilitate our Services, provide Services on our behalf, perform services related to our Services, or assist us in analyzing the use of our Services.
“Personal Information”: Any information that relates to a private individual and allows that person to be identified, i.e. that directly or indirectly reveals something about that person’s identity, characteristics (e.g. abilities, preferences, psychological tendencies, predispositions, mental abilities, character and behaviour) or activities, regardless of the nature of the medium or the form in which the information is accessible (written, graphic, sound, visual, computerized or other).
“Privacy Officer”: The person who is responsible for the application of this Policy and whose contact information is identified in section 1.2.
“Services”: This refers to the website and all related services that we offer such as marketing and distributing hairstyling products and, where applicable, associated media, printed materials and “online” or electronic documentation.
3. Processing Personal Information
3.1 Collecting Personal Information
In our Processing Activity, we may process various types of Personal Information, including:
- Contact details, such as your first name, last name, address, email and phone number;
- Professional details or information related to employment, such as your professional training diploma or business card certifying you are a hairstyling professional, which you provide us with when you wish to complete a transaction with us as a professional;
- Professional details or information related to employment, such as your professional training diploma when you wish to apply to a job with us;
- Information related to products and/or services, such as details related to the Services we’ve provided you;
- Information related to transactions and payments, such as the payment method you’ve used, the date and time of payment, the payment amount, your address and other related information;
- Information that you choose to provide or share with us, for example, when you complete a form, take a survey or contact one of our employees or representatives;
- Information that concerns you that we receive from third parties such as security service providers, social media platforms, and advertising and marketing partners who monitor, manage and measure our advertising campaigns and which may include your username and other information related to your user profile;
- Information collected automatically when using our Website and Services, including:
- Connection details and other information about your activities on our Website, such as your IP address, the pages you have visited, the time and date of your visits, the type of browser you are using, your device’s operating system, and other hardware and software information;
- Geolocation data, such as your IP address, a precise or approximate location determined from your IP address or your mobile device’s GPS (depending on your device’s settings).
In each case, this personal information is processed in accordance with the purposes listed in section 3.2.
3.2 Personal Information Use
We may use your Personal Information to:
- Operate, maintain, develop and improve all functionalities of our Website;
- Execute contracts related to providing our Services;
- Develop new services, improve our Website, collect opinions and comments regarding our Services, detect and prevent fraud, errors, spam, abuse, security incidents and other harmful activities;
- Send you messages related to opening and managing your account and inform you about the status of your orders;
- Perform marketing and business development, including administering a contest, promotion and/or survey, if you have previously consented;
- Answer your questions and provide you with assistance if required;
- Conduct research and analysis in connection with our business and Services;
- Recruit new employees;
- Any other purpose permitted or required by law.
Please note that we do not use the information we collect for any inference or interpretation whatsoever.
3.3 Personal Information Disclosure
We may disclose your Personal Information to our employees, contractors, consultants, agents, Service Suppliers and other trusted third parties who require such information to assist us in operating our Website, providing our Services, protecting our business or serving you, provided that such Service Suppliers have previously agreed in writing to maintain the confidentiality of your Personal Information in accordance with applicable laws.
We do not sell, trade or otherwise disclose your Personal Information to third parties, subject to exceptions provided by Act P 39.1.
3.3.1 Service Suppliers and Other Third Parties
Although we try to avoid sharing your Personal Information with third parties, we may use Service Suppliers to perform various services on our behalf, such as IT management and security, marketing, analysis, hosting and data storage. We have defined below the cases in which such sharing may take place:
When we disclose your Personal Information to Service Suppliers, we have written contracts with them prior to disclosing your Personal Information to them, and we only provide them with the Personal Information necessary to perform their mandate. As part of these contracts, we are committed to ensuring that the principles set out in this Policy are respected, and these Service Suppliers are required to use your Personal Information in accordance with our instructions and only for the purposes for which it was provided. In addition, these Service Suppliers provide us with sufficient guarantees of the implementation of adequate safeguards that are proportionate to the sensitivity of the Personal Information processed or communicated. When our Service Suppliers no longer need your Personal Information, we ask them to destroy this data in an appropriate manner.
3.3.2 Complying with Legislation, Responding to Legal Requests, Preventing Harm and Protecting Our Rights
In compliance with the applicable laws in force, including those outside your country of residence, we may disclose your Personal Information when we believe such disclosure is authorized, necessary or appropriate, notably to:
- Respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence;
- Protect our business;
- Comply with legal proceedings;
- Protect the rights, privacy, security and property of us, you and third parties;
- Allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages we may suffer.
3.3.3 Business Transaction
3.3.4 Personal Information Consent
Whenever possible, we obtain consent directly from the individual concerned for us to collect, use and disclose their Personal Information. However, if you provide us with Personal Information about other individuals, you must have advised them beforehand and obtained their consent.
We will ask for your consent before using or disclosing your Personal Information for purposes other than those described herein.
3.3.5 Personal Information Storage
Subject to applicable laws, we store your Personal Information only for as long as is necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected, unless you consent to your Personal Information being used or processed for another purpose. As a reference, our storage period for some Personal Information can be up to seven (7) years after providing our Services. In addition, our storage periods may be modified from time to time due to legitimate interests (for example, to ensure the security of Personal Information, to prevent abuse and breaches or to prosecute criminals).
For more information on the periods during which your Personal Information is kept, please contact our Privacy Officer using the contact details provided in section 1.2 of this Policy.
We store your Personal Information at our premises located in Quebec or elsewhere with Service Providers who respect the highest technological standards for information security.
We do not collect or store banking information (such as credit card details) used to make purchases on our Website.
4. Your Rights
As the individual concerned, you may exercise the rights set out below by completing the form available here [RM1] and sending it by email or mail to the attention of our Privacy Officer at the contact information provided in section 1.2:
- You have the right to be informed of the Personal Information we hold about you and to request a paper copy of the documents containing your Personal Information, subject to the exceptions provided by applicable law;
- You have the right to ask us to have the Personal Information we hold about you rectified, amended and updated if it is incomplete, equivocal, out of date or inaccurate;
- You have the right to withdraw or change your consent to the collection, use, disclosure or storage of your Personal Information by us at any time, subject to applicable legal and contractual restrictions;
- You have the right to ask us to cease disseminating your Personal Information and to remove any link that provides access to such information if such dissemination contravenes the law or a court order;
- You have the right to ask us to delete the Personal Information that we hold about you, subject to the exceptions provided by applicable law;
- You have the right to ask us to send you your Personal Information or have it sent to another organization in a structured and commonly used technological format;
- You have the right to file a complaint with the Commission d’accès à l’information, subject to the conditions set out in the applicable law.
To process your request, you may be asked to provide appropriate identification or to identify yourself in some other way.
5. Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
You may configure your browser to inform you when Cookies are used when you visit our Website and decide, in each case, to accept or refuse the use of certain Cookies or all Cookies. However, note that deactivating Cookies on your browser can be detrimental to your browsing experience on our Website and prevent you from using certain functions.
6. Security Measures
We have implemented physical, technological and organizational security measures to adequately protect the confidentiality and security of your Personal Information against loss, theft or any unauthorized access, disclosure, reproduction, communication, use or modification. These measures include encryption, access control, segregation of duties to limit access, internal audit, etc.
Despite these measures, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your Personal Information. If you have reason to believe that your Personal Information is no longer secure, please contact our Privacy Officer immediately using the contact details provided in section 1.2.
8. Links to Third-Party Websites
From time to time, we may include on our Website references or links to websites, products or services provided by third parties (hereafter, “Third-Party Services”). These Third-Party Services, which are not operated or controlled by HueSee, are governed by privacy policies entirely separate from and independent of our own. We therefore assume no responsibility for the content or activities of these sites. This Policy applies only to the Website and the Services we offer. Our Policy does not extend to Third-Party Services.
9. Individuals Under 14 Years of Age
We do not intentionally collect or use Personal Information from individuals under 14 years of age. If you are under 14 years of age, you should not provide us with your Personal Information without the consent of your parents or legal guardian. If you are a parent or legal guardian and believe that your child has provided us with Personal Information without your consent, please contact us using the contact details provided in section 1.2 to request that we erase your child’s Personal Information from our systems.
10. Contact Us